Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Outfit: dropped hemlines

Voila, my new skirt:

It’s an interesting length that took me a while to get used to it. It looked so nice on the mannequin in the store so I just bought it without trying it on first or thinking about it. I had fallen for the pattern.

Then as I tried it on at home I acutally wanted to return it at first. I had already put in back in the shopping back, ready to return it. Just before returning it I tired it on once more and suddenly really liked the length and the shape on me. So I kept it.
At first I had not clue what to wear it with but for a start I paired it with a simple black tank top. I might be a bit more adventurous the next time I wear it but for the time being I am quite happy with this simple combination.

To avoid looking short I wore the skirt with my skyhigh Zara gladiator heels.

Somehow the skirt a slight 50s feel. After wearing it all day I kept on feeling like a rich lady on the French riviera in the 50s, if I'd worn a pair of big sunglasses and one of these huge sun hats the look would've been perfect.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I know this length is rather unusual for girls our age, but it experienced a big comeback and I feel like it is very unexpected to wear this length - neither mini nor midi nor maxi. I really like to play around with it, and feel like it does look good!

Anonymous said...

I tried on this skirt at the store as well, along with the blush pink one. Looks great on you!

runway today said...

I think it looks really nice on you, escp. with those Zara heels and the simple tank.

Anonymous said...

I love it; the pattern and the length. Feels fresch!

Unknown said...

I really like it! I definitely agree with the kitten it's an unexpected length when you're young and you pull it off really, really well!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

It looks great on you. I've been keeping my out for skirts of that length since minis are not for me.

Rachel said...

wow, i love this look! lovely!

giggleness said...

wow. i love the skirt. fab. and the shoes!